Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Mt Nebo Cemetery


Once again my explorations of the Denver area have brought me to a cemetery. I know some think it's creepy, but I enjoy taking pictures of cemeteries. On this particular day, I happened upon Mt Nebo Cemetery in Aurora and decided to stop in to take a look.


Mt Nebo is a Jewish cemetery located just a few blocks south of Colfax. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find much information on the history of the site. When you first enter it definitely feels like a newer cemetery. The memorials near the entrance are all nicely polished and sleek-looking. However, if you journey to the northwest corner of the grounds, you will find the older plots. It's not a far journey, as Mt. Nebo is not a very big cemetery.


Though it does not feature unique sculptures or mausoleums, it is a lovely place just a few blocks away from the busyness of one of the city's major roads. You'll find Mt Nebo at 11701 E 13th Ave in Aurora.






No comments:

Post a Comment