Sunday, January 19, 2020

Fifty Two 80's


I'm a huge fan of classic movies, TV and pop culture in general.  So, today I finally ended up visiting a vintage toy store I've heard a lot about here in Denver, Fifty Two 80's...and it's pretty awesome!

Now, for those who aren't from the Denver area that may be wondering about the name of this store, allow me to enlighten you.  Fifty-Two Eighty (5,280) is a number seen a lot here in Denver because a mile is Five-Thousand Two-Hundred Eighty Feet.  Denver is, of course, the Mile High City.  This store focuses on toys from the eighties...thus Fifty Two 80's.


I knew there would be some cool stuff at this little shop, but I was not expecting the huge volume of cool stuff!  They had Star Wars toys, Masters of the Universe, E.T., Muppets, Strawberry Shortcake and pretty much everything else from the greatest decade ever!


I was especially impressed with the large selection of movie trading cards they had, most still in their original packages...gum and all.  This included some wax packs of cards that I didn't even know existed.  They had packs of Dune trading cards released by Fleer back in 1984.  I also spotted some cards from the James Bond flick Moonraker and the long-forgotten 1985 dinosaur movie Baby, Secret of the Lost Legend. 


I kind of wanted to just tell the lady at the counter that I'd just take one of everything, but that's not really in the budget.  At some point, though, I do plan on returning to stock up on some memories.  Fifty Two 80's is located at 1874 S Broadway in Denver.





No comments:

Post a Comment