Saturday, January 11, 2020

New Blog - In and Around Denver

Colorado State Capital - Denver, CO
Like many people who call Colorado home, I am not originally from this region.  I don't get the honor of having one of those bright green bumper stickers that looks like a vanity license plate bearing the word "NATIVE."  Nope, I grew up in the Chicagoland area, but almost 26 years ago my new bride and I made the move to Colorado.  A few years ago, I returned to Chicago for a trip.  Though it was great to see family and friends again, I realized how my connection with my original home had gradually faded over the years.  There are still many things I love about Chicago, but Denver is now my home, and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Recently, I've realized that over the course of 26 years, I've barely scratched the surface when it comes to experiencing all the things that Denver and the surrounding area have to offer.  So, I've started exploring more.  You know, hop in the car and see if I can end up somewhere I've never been before.  Since I'm all about documenting things, and I like to take pictures, I decided to go ahead and start a blog of my adventures "In and Around Denver."  I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment